Saturday, December 31, 2011

Normal is Boring - the beginning

Greetings and salutations!

It's a bit strange to be typing this, since I know that nobody knows about this blog yet, and as such, nobody will be reading it. But this should serve as a bit of an introduction to me and my blog.

My name, as you might have already discovered, is Helen. The main reason I'm starting this blog is to create a log, an ongoing story, telling my experiences of creativity - and possibly some other ranting. If you knew me already, you know that I write. And write. And write. Whether it's poetry, novels, or music, I've tried it. That doesn't necessarily mean that I was good at it, or that I succeeded at it, but I've tried it.

(Do ask me if I've done a specific kind of writing - it'll give me ideas for the next thing I should try.)

I thought I'd start this blog before the new year, since I've said that I would start a challenge on the first of January. This particular challenge, 60days/60k, was suggested on the NaNoWriMo forums (if you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, I strongly suggest you go check them out at www.nanowrimo.org - and I'll be talking about it in a future blog post as well). 60days/60k is a challenge to write 60k words during 60 days. Since 2012 happens to be a leap year, there are exactly 60 days in January and February.

So, 60days/60k will be my first challenge to write about. Also in February, I'll be doing FAWM (write 14 songs in Feb. - www.fawm.org), and hopefully creating an album that any interested parties will be able to download. More to come about that at some later date when I've figured it out.

I do believe this post is long enough now, so I'll say goodbye - hope to see you (in that strange sense since "you" don't exist at the moment - but will, I hope!) in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment