Sunday, April 8, 2012

Nearly Halfway

Well, as it's Script Frenzy and that's pretty much the only writing thing on my mind right now, this post is going to be about that.

We have just passed the first week, and I am nearly halfway to 100 pages, hovering at 43.  Unfortunately, I seem to have no motivation unless I'm writing with others.  I've been to two write ins online and one in person so far, each for about two hours, and wrote almost the entire time for them, but other than that, I haven't written at all.

My stats graph has great jumps and then a few days with a flat line and then a big jump and another few days.  And it's not from not updating.  Oh well.  Scripts seem to be much easier for me, since I go much quicker than when I try to write novels.  If this were NaNoWriMo, I would probably barely be reaching 10k right now.

I am really grateful for whoever made the Open Office template for screenplays and put it on the Writer's Resources on the ScriptFrenzy site - it's made this really easy.

Oh, I suppose you guys have no idea what my script is about.  (By the way, I'm thinking in this Brittish accent, since I've been watching House of Anubis for the past two days almost continuously, and now I can't seem to think in my usual American accent.  But that has nothing to do with scripts.)

So far, I have a girl - high school aged - who has lost her memory, in addition to her best friend, because her dad is a scientist who was working on a mind device.  The girl, Jasmine, unfortunately decided to sneak around the lab, and ended up unconscious.  When she woke, she had lost a week of her memory.  Her best friend also lost some memories so she wouldn't tell anyone.  When daddy tries to fix Jasmine, he screws up and her mind is terribly twisted.

I believe the story is going to be primarily about Jasmine finding out what happened to her, but I did have this idea floating around that I can't seem to quite remember all of, about a bad guy who would love to take advantage of Jasmine's compromised state to do something to daddy's work.  What exactly that might entail, I'm not sure yet.  But it sounds interesting.

Anyway, at the current point in time, best friend is in the hospital because she's having headaches (well, she's in the hospital because she fainted and got a concussion, but the headaches are the important part) - Jasmine will soon start to also have headaches as both her best friend and her own minds try to heal themselves.

This has been a rather long post, so I'll sign off for now.  Here's to another 57 pages!

If any of you are doing Script Frenzy, good luck!  And we should write together some time.  Probably more for my sake than yours.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment