Monday, April 30, 2012

Script Frenzy Win!

It is April 30th!  It is also the end of Script Frenzy, sadly.  I won - currently I'm at 135 or so pages - but I plan to keep writing until the last minute.  My goal at this point is 150 pages and/or to finish one of my scripts.

I was planning to write this post when I actually won, but I validated during a write in and didn't want to take time out of writing to write this.  In addition, I haven't been able to post for the past week or so (easily) because my laptop had a slight encounter with a water balloon.  To be specific, the contents of the water balloon.

It is fine, after a week of drying, but it has once again reminded me to ALWAYS BACK UP.  I had 74 pages of script on my laptop, not backed up anywhere, and no way to get it back until my laptop dried out.  At that point, I panicked and nearly cried.

But my indomitable (and humble) fighting spirit reared its head and told me to buck up and not be a baby.  I started on a new script, typing frantically and making great strides each day, regardless of the limited access to a computer that I had.  I had almost reached the halfway point when a week was up and I could finally see the true damage to my laptop.

Fortunately, my laptop was fine and I was pleasantly treated to a nice page count boost with the pages I thought I might never see again.  But at this point, I was already prepared to write 20 pages a day for the last three days of April to finish my second script.  So I said to myself, "Why waste such a productive attitude?  After all, it's not often that I feel so determined to be productive."  And I answered myself, "What a good point.  I will keep writing like a madman - or madwoman."

And so I did.

~~~

On a not so fun note, I also have finals this week - I just finished my first one, calculus.  So yesterday I spent doing the entire semester (that was fun) and writing my script when I started to feel like banging my head against the wall.  Ah well.

Do you think if I slept with my textbooks under my pillow, I would learn it through osmosis?  *chemistry is tomorrow*

5 comments:

  1. And can we get to read your script you wrote with such a struggle?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I would say so - but it might be best if I finished one of them first. xD Neither is completed.

      Delete
    2. Ok! :) I'll be waiting ::excited::

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning! And good luck with finals if you're still taking them.

    ReplyDelete