Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Update and Script Preview

Finals are over!  And grades are in - I got As (or Os for Harry Potter world, 4.0 GPA, Very High Achievement/High Distinction in Australia etc.) in all my classes, which is good, since I studied more during that week than I have in my entire life.  Even history went well, which is the one I was worried about.

Anyway, after finals, my grandma came to visit with my step-grandpa.  The Sunday after finals, we had a recital, which my mom ran because she's a music teacher.  It was held at a nursing home in town, which we've done before.  This time...it had a bit of a nasty twist to it.

Not long before we got there (My mom and I go early to set up the equipment because there isn't a good piano at the home, so we bring our keyboard and amp), one of the residents had an accident.  It was supposedly all cleaned up, but...Let's just say that moving the tables involved me encountering some of the "stuff" that was(n't) cleaned up.  I.e. feces.  Not fun.  Fortunately, we weren't wearing our dress clothes yet.  When we went back to perform, I did not sit down or touch anything for the entire time.  ;)

On Monday we went to see the Avengers, since it was my brother's birthday - excellent dialogue, impressive special effects, not so great on the character development.  I won't say anymore lest I spoil it for someone.  But if you haven't seen it yet, don't waste your money (unless you have a lot to spend) and just wait for it online/DVD/Blue-ray/whatever else there is.

And now finally, as requested, here is part of my first script.  It isn't finished yet, so I may or may not be able to tell you what happens later - it depends on if I've written it yet or not.  This also has not been edited - feel free to tell me which parts need the most editing, or give me pointers on how to do it better.  This is my first screenplay, so I'm very open to critique/criticism.  I don't have a title for my script(s) yet, so I've been referring to this one as "Memory Script".  Descriptive, right?  Without further ado (well, maybe a little), the first twelve pages or so of "Memory Script"!

(Oh, and sorry for the rather long post - there's been a lot going on.)

Beginning of Memory Script

No comments:

Post a Comment