Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Motivation

Unfortunately, I'm not providing motivation today.  I'm looking for some myself.  With my novel done, I really need to edit.  I let it sit for a few days while I worked on finishing up my 50k for Camp (oh, did I mention I won?  Still so excited), but now I need to get back in and start editing.  I already know that's going to entail some more writing, because I kind of forgot half my characters from the beginning, then realized it and stuck them in again at the end, so there's a big chunk in the middle where they really are in desperate need of character development to get them to the point where they can act the way I made them act at the end and have it make sense after the way they acted in the beginning.

(I'm not entirely sure that last sentence made sense itself.  I mean behavior at first is inconsistent with behavior at end, and I need to add character development in the middle so that it flows.  There we go.)

Problem is I tend to be rather social when I write.  When actually writing (by that I mean putting the words down), I do word wars and sprints and Write or Die by Dr. Wicked to get the words down.  But I haven't had very much experience editing, so even though I know exactly what I need to do, I just can't seem to make myself actually DO it.

So, what do you do when you don't want to do something?  Any tips are appreciated.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment