Sunday, February 5, 2012

Strange Skies

Woot! I just did my first songskirmish of the year! By just, I mean today...it was a few hours ago.

For those of you who don't know, a songskirmish is when a bunch of FAWMers (i.e. people doing FAWM) set a time. At the appointed time, they all converge on the designated forum thread for the revealing of the title. This title is then used for a song that each person (individually) creates.

The catch? The song has to be written in under an hour.

It's super fun, and I encourage any of you that like to compose to attempt it sometime, even if you aren't doing FAWM. This time, the title was "Strange Skies". Since I'm slightly sick, I decided to make it instrumental. Not only that, but I kind of failed at doing it in under an hour - I spent about two hours working on it. I still don't think it's quite perfect yet. But in any case, check it out on Youtube - link below!

Strange Skies

No comments:

Post a Comment