Thursday, January 19, 2012

Posting and Poetry

All right, I feel like I should have more regular posts. I did good at this the first week, 'cause I didn't have school, but now that school's started up again, I don't really have time to create good tip posts except for the weekends. So I've decided (just now, actually) to have tip posts on the weekend, and during the week, I'll do either samples of my writing, samples of other people's writing, or random things that catch my attention.

(If you have a piece of work that you want shown on my blog, um...contact me in some way. A comment below, email, message through this blog thing...I don't know how that works actually. Anyway.)

Before I get to the thing I'm sharing, I have one more thing. You've noticed the ads on here. If they're in the way - tell me, and I'll move them! They are where they are because I thought that would be the least obtrusive. ;) Thanks!

And now that that bit of awkwardness is over, here is a poem that I wrote a while ago - around last fall I believe. Tell me what you think!



Would You?

A smile flashes across her face,
She lights up the room with her sparkle,
But a black film taints the light,
Pretending to be happy, she
Cries
Deep inside where no one can see,
Her tears are falling,
And no one sees,
the light that once existed,
Vanish from her eyes.

If someone knew,
Could they help?
Would a confiding soul be able to save the
-------sparkle,
Rekindle the flame,
Heat the forge of life,
In her,
Where the tears extinguish the flicker,
If someone could see inside,
Would her light still flare?

But No one knows,
No one knew,
And now she is lost, drowned
In the tears,
That she hid so well,
An actor born, an actor gone,
The facade perfection to a flaw,
And no one knows,
Because no one knew,
If there was a someone,
-------to help,
Would you?

3 comments: