Friday, January 27, 2012

Writerly Warriors

One of my favorite ways to make myself write is to get involved with a writing group. I use this term loosely, since I include just a couple people word-warring under the category "writing group". Today I met up with a couple people at a coffee shop.

One of the people had done NaNoWriMo with me (2011), and the other was a new person that she had brought. It was a bit small, but it was nice seeing each other again and catching up. We wrote for about an hour - she hand writes and I have no idea how she does it. My hand would cramp.

So as I typed away - rather slowly compared to my NaNo-speed - I finally made it past the final fight scene! I feel it was a bit anticlimactic though. It only took nearly 10,000 words to get through the freaking thing. Of course, I don't personally think I'm very good at fight scenes to begin with. But perhaps a more climactic moment will come soon, when I have my main character - but no, I shouldn't tell you. You'll have to wait until it's completed to read it for yourself.


As a side note, I have no idea why I titled this post Writerly Warriors. I thought it sounded cool, and I commend everybody who even attempts writing.

Do you have any writing groups you're part of? Do you like it or not, and how do you think it affects your writing?

2 comments:

  1. Awww..... I wish someone would write with me here.... I write alone.... :( We need to do a word war. (:

    ReplyDelete