Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mushy - Ew!

Have you ever noticed how there's an awful lot of love poems? I think it's possible to categorize all love poems into three categories - wishing for love, in love, and breakups. What other categories can you categorize poetry into?

The following poem is just something that I spit out - I don't particularly like it. Oh well.

Empty

My heart is empty,
Because I can't breathe,
With that look in your eyes,
That says you hate me,
Even though you say you don't,
If I could have one wish,
I would wish for us to go back in time,
Back to the way we were when I didn't feel this way,
Back to the way it was when you said you loved me,
And I believed you,
I shelter my heart behind an iron wall,
Pretending that what you say doesn't matter,
Trying to convince myself that you weren't good enough for me,
But I still loved you,
And I still love you,
So I can't go on,
While my heart is empty.

3 comments: